Is Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cancelled?
All you need to know about Brooklyn Nine-Nine TV show. Find out about the cancel/renew status and premiere date of Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 8 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 9.
Find out the cancel/renew status of Brooklyn Nine-Nine TV show.
Has Brooklyn Nine-Nine been cancelled? Is Brooklyn Nine-Nine renewed for the 2021-2022 season?
We have the most reliable information on whether Brooklyn Nine-Nine is cancelled or renewed for the 2021/22 season or beyond. See below to discover whether there be Season 9 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine!
Series Run: September 17, 2013 – September 16, 2021
Total current Season(s): 8
Genre: Police, Police Procedural, Sitcom
Additional Notes: Cancelled by FOX after five seasons; revived by NBC for Season 6 and subsequently renewed for Season 7. The seventh season premiered February 6, 2020. In November 2019, NBC renewed Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Season 8, which will premiere during the 2020-21 season. In February 2021, NBC cancelled the show, stating that the previously-announced 8th season, would now be its last. The series finale is slated to air September 16, 2021
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Series Information:
· The eighth and final season of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" will premiere Aug. 12 at 8 and 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. The series will air each Thursday in those timeslots.
· "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" follows the exploits of hilarious Det. Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) and his stoically ever-professional Capt. Raymond Holt (Andre Braugher), along with their diverse, lovable colleagues as they police the NYPD's 99th Precinct. In this final season of the series, Jake and the squad must try to balance their personal lives and their professional lives over the course of a very difficult year.
· Rounding out the ensemble is Sgt. Amy Santiago (Melissa Fumero), who has a passion for organization and a weakness for dork dancing; Lt. Terry Jeffords (Terry Crews), a mountain of a man whose most powerful muscle is his sweetheart; Jake's best friend and human puppy dog, Det. Charles Boyle (Joe Lo Truglio), and the incredibly secretive, tough-as-nails Rosa Diaz (Stephanie Beatriz). Also part of the Nine-Nine are veteran officers Det. Scully (Joel McKinnon Miller) and Det. Hitchcock (Dirk Blocker), whose only skill as police officers is their ability to make a passable pot of coffee.
· Final season preview:
· In its seventh and most recent season, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" reached 24 million viewers and averaged a 5.1 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers in total audience measurement. The series was NBC's #2-rated program in digital and delivered 74 million official YouTube video views in the 2019-20 September-to-May season, for an increase of +66% compared with the previous season's 44.7 million.
· "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," in its first year of eligibility, won the 2014 Golden Globe Award for Best TV Comedy Series in 2014. That same year, Andy Samberg also won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Comedy Series. Andre Braugher has been nominated for four Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his portrayal of Capt. Raymond Holt.
· Dan Goor, Mike Schur, David Miner, Luke Del Tredici and David Phillips executive produce.
· The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Beloved Series to Air in 2021-22 Season and Signs Off as One of the Favorite Comedies of All Time
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2021 - Det. Jake Peralta and the squad will be gathering for one final stakeout as NBC will air the eighth and final season of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" during the 2021-22 television season.
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine," in its first year of eligibility, won the 2014 Golden Globe Award for Best TV Comedy Series in 2014 and will end its run as one of the most beloved and critically applauded comedies of all-time. That same year, Andy Samberg also won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Comedy Series.
"I still remember the palpable excitement that night in 2018 when we announced 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' would be returning to its rightful home at NBC," said Lisa Katz, President of Scripted Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. "We've always loved these characters and the way they make us laugh while also masterfully weaving in storylines that make us reflect as well. A big thank you to our wonderful partners - Dan Goor, the writers, producers and the incredibly talented cast and crew - for a comedy whose legacy will stand the test of time."
" 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' has been one of the jewels in our comedy crown. It's had an incredible run across not one but two networks, garnered widespread acclaim and captured the hearts of fans all over the world," said Pearlena Igbokwe, Chairman, Universal Studio Group. "We extend our deepest gratitude to Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher and our entire wonderful ensemble, and our amazingly talented writers, producers and crew. And a special thanks to our brilliant showrunner Dan Goor, who could have rested on his laurels after season one but never took his foot off the hilarious gas pedal. 'B99,' it's been NOICE!"
"I'm so thankful to NBC and Universal Television for allowing us to give these characters and our fans the ending they deserve," said executive producer Dan Goor. "When Mike Schur and I first pitched the pilot episode to Andy, he said, 'I'm in, but I think the only way to tell this story is over exactly 153 episodes,' which was crazy because that was exactly the number Mike and I had envisioned.
"I feel incredibly lucky to have worked with this amazing cast and crew for eight seasons. They are not only among the most talented people in the business, they are all good human beings who have become a family. But most of all, I feel lucky that we have had the best fans in the world. Fans who literally saved us from cancellation. Fans who fill us with joy. Ending the show was a difficult decision, but ultimately, we felt it was the best way to honor the characters, the story and our viewers. I know some people will be disappointed it's ending so soon, but honestly, I'm grateful it lasted this long. Title of my sex tape."
In addition to the Golden Globe wins, co-star Andre Braugher has been nominated for four Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his portrayal of Capt. Raymond Holt, the esteemed leader of the 99th Precinct.
In its seventh and most recent season, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" reached 24 million viewers and averaged a 5.1 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers in total audience measurement. The series was NBC's #2-rated program in digital and delivered 74 million official YouTube video views in the 2019-20 September-to-May season, for an increase of +66% compared with the previous season's 44.7 million.
"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" stars Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz, Joe Lo Truglio, Dirk Blocker and Joel McKinnon Miller.
Dan Goor, Mike Schur, David Miner, Luke Del Tredici and David Phillips executive produce.
The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.