ITV2 today announces that Love Island USA will be broadcast on the channel from 7th September at 21:00.
Starting next month, viewers will be able to follow season two of the U.S. version of the international reality sensation, as a new cast of Islanders get ready to arrive on the ‘Island’ of love – set this year in Las Vegas. This season, the singletons will be sequestered in a “bubble” at a stunning villa on top of Caesars Entertainment’s boutique hotel, The Cromwell.
Host Arielle Vandenberg and narrator Matthew Hoffman will return to preside over the antics as these singles embark on a summer of potential romance in one of the most famous cities in the world.
Playing the definitive game of love, the US Islanders will get to know each other in the hope of finding ‘the one’. But as new bombshells arrive on the ‘Island’, which couples will stand the test of time and make it all the way to the final, and have a chance of bagging the $50,000 cash prize?
Paul Mortimer, ITV’s Head of Digital Channels and Acquisitions said: “We’re thrilled that ITV2 can bring the latest US version of Love Island to viewers this year. Las Vegas may seem like an odd destination for the show but the canny producers have beaten Covid with a show that adheres to all production protocols and that could well be sensational. Certainly the ‘villa’ is impressive and the cast diverse and amazing. We believe Love Island fans will embrace this Sin City twist, my bet is the series will be another big hit.”
Love Island USA is produced by ITV America’s ITV Entertainment, with David George, Adam Sher, David Eilenberg, Simon Thomas, Ben Thursby-Palmer, Jessica Castro, Richard Foster and Chet Fenster executive producing. The series is based on a format owned by ITV Studios and Motion Content Group.
ITV Studios handles global distribution for Love Island and brokered the deal for ITV2 to air the series. Deals have also been secured so far with Bell Media in Canada, which will simulcast the series, as well as with Nine Network in Australia, Sky in New Zealand, Virgin Media Ireland, RTL in the Netherlands, TV2 in Norway and TV4 in Sweden.
What shows are ALREADY cancelled this season? Check the official cancelled shows 2021/2022 list.
What shows are ALREADY renewed for next season? Check the TV shows renewed 2022-2023 list.
About Love Island US TV Show
· Following a highly competitive situation, Peacock has greenlit two new seasons and more than 80 episodes of the hit international phenomenon LOVE ISLAND. Set to film in California, the first highly anticipated season will premiere this Summer with multiple episodes debuting weekly in real time.
· LOVE ISLAND is an unscripted reality romance and competition series where glamorous singles are on a search for love while living together in a beautiful villa.
· "As we continue to make Peacock a destination for must-watch original programming, partnering with a global powerhouse like ITV enables us to build on their internationally beloved formats to attract all new fans to the platform," said Susan Rovner, Chairman Entertainment Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming.
· Added Jenny Groom, EVP Entertainment Unscripted Content, "'Love Island' is a highly addictive dating format that is primed for a streaming service like Peacock where we can push boundaries and bring viewers steamy and dramatic twists. The series took pop culture by storm after the UK format found fans across the world, and we are thrilled to be able to bring an all-new version to Peacock this summer anchoring our unscripted slate."
· "This really is an unprecedented deal for an unscripted brand," said ITV America CEO David George. "Peacock and NBCU are the perfect home for Love Island because of their strategy to grow the show, utilizing the greater NBCU television portfolio and other platforms to help propel the series. That dedication, coupled with a two-season commitment on Peacock, sealed the deal. We're incredibly excited to elevate the show through a bold new collaboration."
· The new season will be hotter than ever as the Islanders couple up in a sexy new villa and compete in naughtier games and steamier challenges, with shocking twists and turns along the way. While in the villa, temptations rise and the Islanders must decide if they want to remain with their current partner or "recouple" with someone new. Throughout the season, those who are not coupled up will be at risk of leaving the villa. Viewers watching at home will also have a chance to weigh in on who stays and who goes home.
· Cast, schedule and location details will be announced at a later date.
· LOVE ISLAND is produced by ITV Entertainment, an ITV America company. The series is based on a format owned by ITV Studios and Motion Content Group, and distributed by ITV Studios.
LOVE ISLAND features a group of single "Islanders" who come together in a stunning tropical villa, ready to embark on a summer of love, friendships and, ultimately, relationships. Every few days the Islanders must couple-up - those who fail to find a partner to couple up with risk being dumped from the island. Islanders are on the lookout for romance, but the road to love doesn't always run smoothly. Challenges abound with new Islander arrivals and dramatic twists as friendships and relationships form. In addition to choosing their partners wisely, Islanders must also win the hearts of viewers who have the opportunity to shape events on screen and ultimately crown one lucky couple the winner, who will then have the chance to walk away with both love and the cash prize.
LOVE ISLAND expanded CBS' 2019 summer audience, reaching a much younger and more female demographic. At the same time, the series made a big digital impact as the Network's most streamed new show on CBS All Access and CBS.com in over a year, and as a continually trending social media topic following each night's broadcast.
LOVE ISLAND is produced by ITV Entertainment, an ITV America company. David George, Adam Sher, David Eilenberg, Simon Thomas, Ben Thursby-Palmer, Jessica Castro, Richard Foster and Chet Fenster are executive producers. The series is based on a format owned by ITV Studios and Motion Content Group, and distributed by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
CBS gets back to reality this summer with the season premieres of BIG BROTHER and LOVE ISLAND, on Wednesday, July 7. BIG BROTHER begins the night with a live 90-minute episode (8:00-9:30 PM live ET/delayed PT), followed by the 90-minute premiere of the romantic competition series LOVE ISLAND (9:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT). Both shows will also be available to stream live and on demand on the CBS app and Paramount+, the streaming service for ViacomCBS, where fans will also be able to find exclusive content throughout the season.
The news was revealed today during a Clubhouse conversation with BIG BROTHER host Julie Chen Moonves, LOVE ISLAND host Arielle Vandenberg, and LOVE ISLAND narrator Matthew Hoffman, and confirmed on social media. CBS is the first network to partner with Clubhouse on an exclusive announcement; today's conversation was the first of several BIG BROTHER and LOVE ISLAND Clubhouse events slated for this summer. Fans will have the opportunity to join conversations featuring series talent, alumni, insiders and experts throughout this season. Details will be announced in the coming months.
BIG BROTHER kicks off season 23 with a live premiere as the all-new group of Houseguests moves into the newly redesigned house. Houseguests are in for a high-stakes summer full of Big Risks and Big Rewards, where one wrong gamble could cost them everything. Beginning Sunday, July 11, the series will air Sundays and Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), and Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT), featuring the live eviction show.
LOVE ISLAND's third season will take place in the sundrenched Hawaiian Islands with an all-new cast of Islanders looking for love. The ultimate temptation, Casa Amor, will be back as well as new games and challenges that test and strengthen the couples' relationships. Following its 90-minute premiere on Wednesday, July 7, LOVE ISLAND will air Thursday and Friday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and Sunday (9:00-11:00PM, ET/PT) during its first week. After its first week, the show will air Tuesdays through Fridays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), and Sundays (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) for the remainder of the season.
Casting is open for singles across America looking to say aloha to their own sizzling summer of love; visit https://www.cbs.com/casting/ for details.
This summer will be the first time that CBS regularly airs three hours of reality programming on Sundays.
Paramount+ subscribers will have access to more unique CBS reality show content than ever before. For the first time, 10 hours of exclusive LOVE ISLAND content, including glimpses into the villa and fiery episodes featuring content too hot for broadcast, will be available to stream. BIG BROTHER fans can continue to catch all the action on the BIG BROTHER Live feeds.
Additional details about BIG BROTHER and LOVE ISLAND's new seasons and the multiplatform experiences will be announced soon.
BIG BROTHER is produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly On The Wall Entertainment in association with Endemol Shine North America.
LOVE ISLAND is produced by ITV Entertainment, an ITV America company. David George, Adam Sher, David Eilenberg, Simon Thomas, Caroline Abaecheta, Ben Thursby, Jessica Castro, Richard Foster and Chet Fenster are executive producers. The series is based on a format owned by ITV Studios and Motion Content Group and distributed by ITV Studios.Keep track of the cancel/renew status of all your favorite TV shows. Discover and bookmark our cancelled shows 2021 list and renewed shows 2021-2022 database.
How do you feel about this latest Love Island US news? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below and don’t forget to stay tuned for all the renew/cancel 2021-2022 and beyond news!